Thanks for sharing!My heart is so happy in Omaha NE today as my mom sent me these two pictures. My mom runs a non profit...

SalinaScoop

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2021
Public Announcement from Salina Liberty

215292750_962710597855766_3516777377110357337_n.jpg

Thanks for sharing!My heart is so happy in Omaha NE today as my mom sent me these two pictures. My mom runs a non profit Salina Shares. Today they had one of my favorite events th...ey do - play in the park. Talking to mom Thursday she told that two volunteer groups backed out on her a the last minute and she had been making calls all day. So I decided to make a couple calls myself to a couple of my best friends. I even considered driving down from Omaha for the 2 hour event to support my mama. But my friends pulled through! Jarah and Luke immediately agreed to be there even with a newborn in tow. The second call was to my other best friend who is friends with a couple of Liberty players. As Liberty has a big game tonight the answer was a maybe which I understood plus these two guys had family coming into town today for the game. They still made it happen! I gave them only a time and place and they still came even though they didn’t know anyone. I’m sure this made some of those kids’ day! Thanks wonderful friends of mine for doing this for a girl who loves her mom! That mother of mine spends her whole life doing for this community. Thank you Salina Liberty for bringing guys into this community that are willing to give back to a community that they might only be a part of for a few seasons. My heart is full! 💙❤️