September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month - so let's "Spill the Tea" on The Love, Chloe Foundation located at 116 S Santa Fe...

SalinaScoop

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2021
241528994_4727130897305811_7732413749492761060_n.png

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month - so let's "Spill the Tea" on The Love, Chloe Foundation located at 116 S Santa Fe in #downtownsalina. The Love, Chloe Foundation was founded by Heidi Feyerherm-Smith in 2008 in memory of Heidi's daughter, Chloe. Chloe was diagnosed w/DIPG in Nov., 2006 - Chloe battled for 11 month. When Chloe passed away in Oct of 2007, Heidi knew she wanted to help others navigate the diagnosis of childhood cancer in Chloe's memory & The Love, Chloe Foundation was launched. Heidi also created "Monkey In My Chair". Chloe loved monkeys & school, so Heidi developed Monkey In My Chair to keep children, who are in cancer treatment & unable to attend school connected to their classmates. The Monkey goes everywhere the class goes, recess, library, P.E., field trips etc. The Monkey In My Chair kit also includes a book to help the classroom start the conversation about childhood cancer. Today, Love, Chloe sends Monkey In My Chair kits to hospitals & families across the U.S., Canada & Australia at NO charge. Today, The Love, Chloe Foundation continues to grow - due in large part to generous donors & community support. If you are interested in learning more about The Love, Chloe Foundation & their good work or you would like to offer your support, please call Heidi or Lisa Smith at 785-515-2211. #salinadowntown is so happy The Love, Chloe Foundation is in our downtown neighborhood! #livelocal #septemberischildhoodcancerawarenessmonth #lookfortheyellowribbons

Salina Area Chamber of Commerce