Food safety and lodging inspections are unannounced, and inspection results represent only those conditions found in the establishment at the time of the inspection.
Applebee’s #4, 2875 S. 9th St. (April 4) Complaint Inspection
– One package of ribs with temperature of 54 degrees F inside top center drawer of drawer inside reach-in cooler for an undetermined amount of time. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction.
– Plastic and stainless steel dishware stored as clean were nested together with water between pans.
– A bowl and plate stored as clean have pieces of rice on the surface, lid in bar area stored as clean has old sticker on the top. Corrected on site: moved to warewashing to be cleaned.
– Door seal on center chef’s make table reach-in cooler hanging loose making door hard to close. Door seal on ice machine hanging loose.
– Open plastic kids cup setting on step ladder between 3 vat sink and clean dish rack.
– No thermometer inside south make table reach-in cooler.
Chick-fil-A, 2245 S. 9th St. (April 6) First Operational Inspection After Licensing
– Two yellow trays used for prep with raw chicken have corners broken off. Ice cream cookie crumbles stored in container that is cracked. Corrected on site: removed items from use.
– Employee peeling carrots prior to washing. Corrected on site: washed carrots.
– Honey butter made from real butter had temperature of 71 degrees F had been stored on counter top in prep area since approximately 6:30 a.m. on day of inspection, temperature taken at 8:30 a.m. Corrected on site: moved to reach-in cooler to quick chill.
– Employee removed thermometer from top of hot holding shelf and probed bacon without cleaning first. Corrected on site: educated and thermometer cleaned with alcohol wipe.
– Unindentified spray bottle of clear liquid stored on the chemical storage rack. Corrected on site: disposed of liquid.
– Yellow bucket of wiping cloth sanitzier label is illegible. Corrected on site: labeled.
– Burrito with temperature of 131 degrees F inside hot holding drawer since approximately 6:30 a.m. on day of inspection, temperature taken at 8:30 a.m. Corrected on site: disposed at will versus doing reheat.
– No detectable sanitizer in yellow bucket of sanitizer in chicken frying area. Corrected on site: remade sanitizer.
– Wet wiping cloth stored on counter top on north east prep table. Corrected on site: moved to sanitizer.
– Interior top of mechanical chopper covered in dried on food debris. Corrected on site: cleaned in warewashing area and in place.
– Lid on chicken salad has old date mark sticker and new date mark sticker attached to the top. Corrected on site: replaced lid and took old one to warewashing.
– Knife stored on south knife rack covered in food debris. Corrected on site: moved to warewashing.
Crown Distributors LLC, 606 N. Ohio St. (April 4) FDA Contract
– Employee bathroom door in warehouse not self closing.
Freddy’s Frozen Custard, 2420 S. 9th St. (April 5) Standardization
– Hose with sprayer submerged in water dipper well of frozen yogurt machine without backflow device. Corrected on site: removed hose from well.
– Chili inside west wall make table reach-in cooler had temperature of 51 degrees F. Chili is from night before inspection, per person in charge. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction.
– Fan setting on top of south prep table is full of dust. Corrected on site: Person in charge moved off prep table.
– Employee washed hands in 3 vat sink returned to prep area, touched face and gloved prior to handling bag of fries. Corrected on site: employee washed hands and regloved.
– Bottles of cleaning chemicals stored above food handling gloves in back room. Spray bottle of cleaner stored in cabinet above packages of ketchup and sauces. Corrected on site: moved gloves to shelf with food supplies and moved spray bottle to chemical room.
– Back flow device for water line to pop machine dripping. Corrected on site: plumber is fixing.
– Scoop used for spice mix has side chipped off. Corrected on site: disposed of scoop.
– Two knives stored on knife rack as clean had dried on food on blades. Corrected on site: moved knives to warewashing and cleaned knife rack in place.
– Plastic pans stored as clean on dish rack nested together with water between pans.
– Chicken breasts temperature at 46 to 47 degrees F. Vegetable burger inside make table reach-in cooler temperature at 45 to 47 degrees F. Grilled onions temperature at 51 degrees F. Swiss cheese temperature at 48 degrees F inside ice bath next to grill. Per person in charge, all foods restocked at approximately 1:45 p.m. on day of inspection and temperatures taken at 2:45 p.m. Corrected on site: moved to walk-in cooler to quick chill.
– Notice of non-compliance issued. Follow up inspection scheduled for April 17.
Isaacson Concessions, 38 N. 190th St. (April 7) Routine Inspection
– Spray bottle of Windex and bottle of disinfecting wipes stored directly next to and against rolls of paper towels. Corrected on site: rearranged.
– No hot water available at establishment’s hand sink. Hot water heater not plugged in at start of inspection. Establishment already serving customers at time of inspection. Stack of cups, a drill, and lights stored inside of hand sink. Upon having owners plug in hot water heater so it could provide hot water, hot water heater knocked power out of unit and did so every time attempt was made to plug it in. Temporary hand washing station was set up until hot water issues can be fixed. Water is being heated in a propane heater and placed in a portable water cooler that has a handle at faucet that can be turned on and left running for hand washing. Water is heated to 120 F and poured into this cooler. Container is placed in a container below faucet to catch water as they wash their hands and water is then dumped down their sinks to go into waste water tank. Water cooler is maintained at 100 degrees F or above and hot water is kept on their propane heater. Owner will ensure hot water heater issue is fixed before the unit is operated again. Inspector made sure owner was aware that hot water has to be available at all times during operation and should always have hot water available for proper hand washing prior to starting to serve the public.
– No hand soap available at hand sink inside establishment. Corrected on site: sink supplied with soap.
– No paper towels or other hand drying provisions available at hand sink inside establishment. Corrected on site: sink supplied with paper towels.
– Notice of non-compliance issued. Follow up inspection scheduled for April 19.
Jim’s Country Style Chicken, 649 S. Broadway Blvd. (April 5) Complaint Inspection
– No violations.
Russell’s Restaurant, 649 Westport Blvd. (April 5) Standardization
– Raw sausage links stored on a shelf above raw egg french toast mix. Corrected on site: moved raw sausage links to walk-in cooler.
– Cooked taco meat, ham slices, and corned beef hash inside upright reach-in cooler in prep area not dated when opened or prepared. Pancake batter inside breading area make table not date marked. Corrected on site: dated taco meat as prepped April 3, dated ham and corned beef hash April 1 and pancake batter dated April 1.
– Floor behind steam kettles covered in water and debris. Floor throughout facility covered in debris. Grease droplets inside hood above make table. Food debris inside right basin of two compartment sink next to slicer.
– Upon inspector’s arrival, there was no person designated to be in charge. Corrected on site: owner was called in for the inspection.
– Sewage line from cook’s area handwashing sink leaking. Sewage line from bakery not directly plumbed and drain can not handling flow of grey water. Sewage line from ice bin in back room is being drained into a tub by a waitress.
– Three bottles of handwashing soap stored on top of bakery prep table. Corrected on site: moved to chemical storage.
– Wet wiping cloths setting on cutting board area of breading area make table.
– No thermometer inside north make table, breading area make table or upright reach-in cooler.
– Pans inside steam table full of brown colored water.
– Number 10 can of pasta sauce has top rim severely crushed and turned in. Corrected on site: removed from food storage rack.
– Floor in men’s employee toilet room in ill repair.
– Plastic containers stored as clean on dish rack were nested together with water between pans.
– Grated cheddar cheese temperature at 45 degrees F. Cubed ham temperature at 46 degrees F. Mozzarella cheese temperatura at 45 degrees F. Shell eggs temperature at 48 degrees F. Sausage crumbles temperature at 47 degreees F. Items were inside top of north make table since approximately 6:00 a.m. on day of inspection. Temperature taken at 9:30 a.m. Corrected on site: items moved to walk-in cooler to quick chill.
– Pan of buttermilk temperature at 50 degrees F inside breading area make table for unknown amount of time. Corrected on site: voluntary destuction.
– Cook wearing large watch and bracelet.
– Light bulb in dry storage room not shielded or protected.
– Hard boiled eggs out of shell dated April 3 to April 10, or for 8 days versus 7 days. Corrected on site: redated April 3 through April 9.
– Canned goods on two separate can racks in bakery area covered in dust.
– Spatulas hanging on hooks above warewashing area 3 vat sink have nicked off edges. Plastic bin lids cracked on edges. Repeat violations. Corrected on site: sorting out cracked dishware.
– Portion cup stored inside of container of tartar sauce inside breading area make table. Spatula handle touching flour in bin of flour next to tenderizer. Repeat violations.
– Open package of cream cheese inside bakery walk-in cooler not dated when opened. Date opened unknown. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction.
– Squirt bottles and pitchers stored on shelf above grill area not labeled with common name. Per person in charge, they are oil and water.
– Slicer, tenderizer, guard of bakery mixer, lid on flour bin inside bakery reach-in freezer, knives inside of cart in bakery area, approximately 6 pieces of stored as clean dishware on rack in warewashing room all covered in dried on food debris. Corrected on site: cleaned slicer and tenderizer in placed, moved other dishwares to warewashing area to be cleaned.
– Bottle of spice covered in dried on food debris. Corrected on site: removed to clean.
– Notice of non-compliance issued. Follow up inspection scheduled for April 17.
Taco Master, 2259 S. 9th St. – Suite 148 (April 4) Complaint Inspection
– Cooked chicken, cheese sauce, cooked beans, cooked rice and cooked pork cooling from night before inspection inside walk-in cooler completely covered and stacked on top of each other during cooling process. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction of items and education.
– Raw chorizo stored in door of white reach-in cooler above container of ready to eat cherries and whipped topping. Corrected on site: moved chorizo to walk-in cooler.
– Cooked pork temperature at 53 degrees F. Cooked rice temperature at 48 to 52 degrees F. Cooked chicken temperature at 46 degrees F. Cooked beans temperature at 46 to 47 degrees F. Cheese sauce temperature at 47 degrees F. Items inside walk-in cooler covered and stacked. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction of all items.