Food safety and lodging inspections are unannounced, and inspection results represent only those conditions found in the establishment at the time of the inspection.
Disclosure: Please remember that any inspection is a ‘snapshot’ of the day and time of the inspection. An inspection conducted on any given day may not be representative of the overall, long-term cleanliness of an establishment. Also, at the time of the inspection, violations are recorded, but are often corrected on site prior to the inspector leaving the establishment.
9th Street Diner, 2100 S. 9th St. – Suite A (October 26) Routine Inspection
– Warming tomato soup inside portable steam table from last Friday, October 19 or eight days prior without freezing to stop time. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction and education.
– Blade of plastic spatula hanging on shelf next to make table had jagged and broken edge. Corrected on site: trimmed spatula to a smooth edge.
– Bag of to-go containers setting on floor under front counter.
– HVAC vent in back food prep area was full of dust.
Applebee’s Grill & Bar, 2875 S. 9th St. (October 22) Modified Complaint Inspection
– Small packages of commercially prepared macaroni and cheese had temperature of 46 to 48 degrees F stored on top of a plastic tray versus the stainless steel pan inside the top left drawer cooler, which had temperature of 37 to 39 degrees F since 9 a.m. on day of inspection, per person in charge. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction of six packages.
Big Nose Kate’s, 121 N. Santa Fe Ave. (October 24) Routine Inspection
– Open pint of half and half inside north beer case was not date marked. Per person in charge unknown when opened. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction.
– No test strips available for idophor. Corrected on site: borrowed test strips from owner’s other bar.
– No hand drying provisions available at hand washing sinks in bar area. Corrected on site: supplied with paper towels.
– Spray bottle of unlabeled clear liquid on shelf touching cherries in back storage room. Corrected on site: could not identify liquid, disposed of in mop sink.
– Bottle of idophor stored touching box of stir sticks and spray bottle of clear unlabeled liquid stored touching jars of cherries in back storage room. Corrected on site: moved idophor to chemical storage area and dumped unknown liquid into mop sink.
– Approximately 10 dead beetles found on the floor in the pop dispensing room.
Days Inn, 632 Westport Blvd. (October 22) Modified Complaint Inspection
– No violations.
– Note: Room 119 occupied and not inspected. Rooms 121 and 117 inspected and both had working smoke detectors. Per logs, smoke detectors are tested each quarter. Front area is being remodeled and electric lines are outside the wall, but there are not bare wires.
Huddle House, 2250 N. Ohio St. (October 23) Follow Up Inspection
– Spray bottle of liquid labeled as window cleaner was stored on top of the microwave above the make table. No leakage detected. Corrected on site: moved to floor next to make table.
Long John’s Silver, 1019 E. Crawford St. (October 23) Follow Up Inspection
-Three back flow devices above 3 vat sink were leaking when water is turned on at hand washing sink and three vat sink. Per person in charge, a plumber has been called for service. Video taken. Repeat violation.
– Approximately 10 small black ants were observed roaming between drive thru window and south counter by pop machine. No pest control since last inspection. Last available pest control record is dated September 14, 2018. Video taken. Repeat violation.
– Notice of non-compliance issued. Follow up inspections scheduled for December 23.
Quality Inn & Suites/Legends Bar & Grill, 2110 W. Crawford St. (October ) Courtesy Inspection
– No violation.
– Note: Self reported complaint. No evidence of infestation found.