Food safety and lodging inspections are unannounced, and inspection results represent only those conditions found in the establishment at the time of the inspection.
Disclosure: Please remember that any inspection is a ‘snapshot’ of the day and time of the inspection. An inspection conducted on any given day may not be representative of the overall, long-term cleanliness of an establishment. Also, at the time of the inspection, violations are recorded, but are often corrected on site prior to the inspector leaving the establishment.
AFC Sushi at Dillons #74, 2350 Planet Ave. (November 20) Routine Inspection
– The hand sink had boxes inside of the sink basin and was inaccessible for hand washing. Corrected on site: boxes moved to another location.
– Person in charge was not following the procedures in place for checking the PH of the rice. Corrected on site: person from another store came in and trained her on the proper procedures for calibrating and testing the PH of the rice. The PH of the rice was 3.95.
Hog Wild Pit Bar-B-Q, 2525 Market Place – Suite A (November 20) Routine Inspection
– Inside the walk-in cooler were three trays of baked potatoes without any date marking. Person in charge wasn’t sure when they were made. Corrected on site: potatoes discarded.
– On the wire shelves above the three vat sink there were three large food grade containers and two spoons stored as clean with dried food debris on the food contact surface. Corrected on site: items moved to be cleaned.
– Above the toaster on the wire rack there was a large build up of grease and debris that can fall directly into ready to eat foods. Corrected on site: wire rack removed to be cleaned.
– The baffle on the ice machine had a small build up of mold on the baffle.
– In the back by the smokers was a plastic bag of pop directly on the floor. Corrected on site: moved off the floor.
– The front hand sink by the ice machine had a steady drip when the valves were shut off.
Smitco Eateries (Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen), 720 S. Ohio St. (November 20) Follow Up Inspection
– Individual packages of butter blend had temperature of 73 degrees F setting at ambient temperature on counter by drive thru. Had been setting on counter since earlier on the morning of inspection, per person in charge. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction.
– Three stainless steel steam table pans, stored as clean on the dish rack above prep area, had date marking sticker residue on the nested pans. Corrected on site: moved to warewashing. ***Repeat Violation***
Sonic Drive-In of Salina #2, 2615 Market Place (November 20) Routine Inspection
– On the prep table beside the fryer was a bucket of sanitizer right beside an open bag of tater tots. Corrected on site: educated about chemical storage and sanitizer bucket moved to the bottom shelf.
– There was about an inch gap along the bottom of the door of the storage shed.
– There were three pans, stored as clean, wet stacked and not allowed to properly air dry. Corrected on site: moved to be washed.