SALINA – Seven new cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed at Salina schools.
According to USD 305’s COVID-19 incidents page, the new cases, all confirmed Tuesday, included three at South High School, one at Cottonwood Elementary School, one at Schilling Elementary School, one at Heartland Early Education, and one at South Middle School.
Overall, there have now been 198 cases confirmed at Salina schools since September 3. A full list of those cases can be viewed by clicking or tapping here.
The district is posting any confirmed report of a USD 305 student or staff member with a positive COVID-19 test result, but is not releasing any additional information regarding those individuals.
Once the district learns of a COVID-19 incident they will:
- Consult with Saline County Health Department (SCHD)
- Contact trace within Salina Public Schools to determine close contacts
- Work with the Saline County Health Department to ensure affected individuals and others are notified and given directions
- Continue enhanced cleaning and disinfecting practices
- Follow any additional recommendations from SCHD
- They will not include positive test results when there was no exposure at school.
Close contact is defined as anyone who has been closer than 6 feet for longer than 10 cumulative minutes.