A strong cold front will push southward across the region for late Thursday afternoon into Thursday night. An isolated strong or marginally severe storm will be possible across portions of south central Kansas from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., otherwise scattered showers and storms look to affect the region Thursday night.
Much cooler air will spread across the region on Friday with light rain possible over southeast Kansas.
A hard freeze is possible across mainly central Kansas for early Saturday morning.
- Thursday – A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 4 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 68. South wind 13 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Thursday Night – A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 7 p.m., then rain likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 7 p.m. and 1 a.m., then rain likely after 1 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. Breezy, with a north northwest wind 16 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Friday – A 20 percent chance of rain before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 46. Breezy, with a north wind 16 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
- Friday Night – Partly cloudy, with a low around 29. North wind 8 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Saturday – Mostly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Saturday Night – Partly cloudy, with a low around 39.