SALINA – A new case of COVID-19 has been confirmed at a Salina school.
According to USD 305’s COVID-19 Incidents page, one new case was confirmed at Salina South Middle School on Friday, September 11. In an email sent to parents Friday, the district confirmed that the new case involved a staff member at the school. “The Saline County Health Department is in the process of contacting anyone who needs to be notified,” the district said.
The district began posting confirmed positive cases involving any student or staff member on their website last week.
Once the district learns of a COVID-19 incident they will:
- Consult with Saline County Health Department (SCHD)
- Contact trace within Salina Public Schools to determine close contacts**
- Work with SCHD to ensure affected individuals and others are notified and given directions
- Continue enhanced cleaning and disinfecting practices
- Follow any additional recommendations from SCHD
The district says they will not include positive test results when there was no exposure at school.
Close contact is defined as anyone who has been closer than 6 feet for longer than 10 cumulative minutes.
The USD 305 COVID-19 Incidents page can be found by clicking or tapping here.