A wintry mix of sleet, snow and freezing rain will be possible after 3 a.m. for much of the area. While most locations will see only a trace of wintry mix, areas generally north of a Hutchinson to Emporia line may see up to an 1 inch.
Above normal temperatures are expected by mid-week with highs Wednesday and Thursday forecast to be in the 70 to 80 degree range.
- This Afternoon – Sunny, with a high near 42. East wind around 6 mph.
- Tonight – A 40 percent chance of snow after 1 a.m. Increasing clouds, with a low around 27. Southeast wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Sunday – A chance of snow and freezing rain before 11 a.m., then a chance of rain and snow between 11 a.m. and noon, then a chance of rain after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 50. South southeast wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Night – Partly cloudy, with a low around 30. South wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Monday – A chance of freezing rain before 8 a.m., then a chance of rain showers between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54. West northwest wind 6 to 11 mph becoming north in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night – Mostly clear, with a low around 25.
- Tuesday – Sunny, with a high near 64.
- Tuesday Night – Mostly clear, with a low around 44.
- Wednesday – Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.
- Wednesday Night – Partly cloudy, with a low around 48.
- Thursday – Mostly sunny, with a high near 75.
- Thursday Night – Partly cloudy, with a low around 56. Breezy.
- Friday – A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 72. Breezy.