Widespread showers and embedded thunderstorms return to the region on Tuesday. Rainfall amounts of 0.75 to 1 inch are possible by Wednesday morning. A few strong to severe storms are possible over southeast Kansas on Tuesday afternoon and Tuesday evening, with hail up to quarter size the main concern.
- Tonight – Increasing clouds, with a low around 44. Northwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Tuesday – Showers likely, mainly after 1 p.m. Cloudy, with a high near 53. North northeast wind 7 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tuesday Night – Showers. Low around 43. North wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Wednesday – A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 58. Breezy, with a north northwest wind 18 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.
- Wednesday Night – Mostly clear, with a low around 37. Northwest wind 7 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Thursday – Sunny, with a high near 61.
- Thursday Night – Clear, with a low around 37.