Expect temperatures to climb into the mid-50’s today as a warming trend begins. Mostly sunny skies should prevail over the area. Southerly winds with sustained speeds up to 20 mph with gusts in excess of 25 mph are possible.
Much warmer conditions are expected for Wednesday as southwest winds pick up. Many areas will reach into the 70’s with gusty winds during the afternoon.
A strong cold front will slowly move through the region on Thursday and will bring temperature back down below normal. Most of south central and southeast Kansas will have another day of very mild temperatures and brisk southwest winds before the front arrives during the evening. Areas along the I-70 corridor will be much colder with gusty northerly winds.
- Tonight – Patchy fog after 3 a.m. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 33. South wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Wednesday – Patchy fog before 8 a.m. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 68. South wind 8 to 13 mph.
- Wednesday Night – Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. South southeast wind 6 to 13 mph.
- Thursday – Partly sunny, with a high near 59. West southwest wind 9 to 15 mph becoming north northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 22 mph.
- Thursday Night – Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Blustery.
- Friday – Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Breezy.
- Friday Night – Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Saturday – Sunny, with a high near 53.
- Saturday Night – Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Sunday – Mostly sunny, with a high near 59.
- Sunday Night – Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Washington’s Birthday – Partly sunny, with a high near 44.