UPDATE: Fire Causes Extensive Damage to Interior of Home

Firefighters at the scene of a house fire in the 1100 block of E. Beloit Wednesday night (Photo by Terry Tebrugge/Salina Scoop)

UPDATE: A fire caused extensive damage to the interior of an east Salina home Wednesday evening.

Salina Fire Marshal Roger Williams tells The Salina Scoop that firefighters were called to a single family residence at 1125 E. Beloit, just after 7 p.m.

Firefighters arriving at the scene found a large amount of smoke coming from the home.

Williams said the fire started in the kitchen as a result of unattended cooking. One person was home at the time of the fire and was able to escape without injury.

The interior of the home suffered extensive damage that was estimated at $15,000 to $20,000. Damage to contents inside the home has been estimated at between $3,000 to $5,000, according to Williams.

Salina firefighters have been called to a residential fire.

First responders at the scene have confirmed that the home at 1125 E. Beloit is fully engulfed in smoke. All occupants have escaped the home.

The fire started just after 7 p.m.

Traffic has been blocked in the area. More as it becomes available.

Updated: March 30, 2017 — 4:05 pm

%d bloggers like this: