Storm over Western Kansas and Southwest Nebraska will be moving into the area after midnight. The storms may be severe west of a line from Salina to Hutchinson, with up to golf ball sized hail and 70 mph winds with the strongest storms. Storms may weaken as they move east, but 50-60 mph winds and small hail will still be possible toward daybreak. There is a possibility that severe storms could persist longer and spread farther to the east.
There is still considerable uncertainty as to the exact area and timing of severe weather on Saturday. The risk will ramp up sometime either in the morning or early afternoon and persist into the afternoon or very early evening in Southeast Kansas. The severe risk is roughly along and east of I-35, with the threat and likelihood of storms increasing towards the southeast corner of Kansas. If storms wait to develop in the afternoon, the threatened area will likely be limited to areas east of the Flint Hills. Depending on how the storms evolve, the threats could include tennis ball sized hail and 75 mph winds. An isolated tornado cannot be ruled out, however this is not the most likely threat.
- Tonight – A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 3 a.m. Increasing clouds, with a low around 61. Light and variable wind becoming east 5 to 7 mph after midnight.
- Saturday – A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. East southeast wind 6 to 10 mph becoming north northwest in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night – A 10 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 7 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. North northwest wind 6 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Sunday – Sunny, with a high near 80. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Sunday Night – Mostly clear, with a low around 54. North northwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming west southwest after midnight.
- Memorial Day – Sunny, with a high near 82.
- Monday Night – Partly cloudy, with a low around 55.
- Tuesday – Mostly sunny, with a high near 83.
- Tuesday Night – Partly cloudy, with a low around 58.