Food safety and lodging inspections are unannounced, and inspection results represent only those conditions found in the establishment at the time of the inspection.
Assaria Oil/Hardware Inc., 104 W. Main St. – Assaria (May 24) Routine Inspection
– Two packages of Drug Store brand ibuprofen dated November 2016. Corrected on site: removed from sale.
Dagney’s Ice Cream, 105 E. Iron Ave. (May 24) Licensing Inspection
– No Violations.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites, 755 W. Diamond Dr. (May 23) Routine Inspection
– Open packages of roast beef and canadian bacon inside walk-in cooler not date marked. Per person in charge, items were from last banquet on May 14. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction of items.
– Egg mix dated May 21 to June 2, salsa dated May 7 to May 27 inside True prep area reach-in cooler. Diced ham dated May 20 to May 27, canadian bacon dated May 21 to May 29, lettuce leaves dated May 22 to June 1, homemade coleslaw dated May 23 to May 30, homemade hollandaise sauce dated May 20 to May 27. Corrected on site: redated to reflect 7 days versus 8 or more.
– Open packages of turkey inside walk-in cooler dated May 14 to May 20. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction of items.
– Two old mouse droppings on top of can of tomato sauce inside dry storage room. Approximately 10 old mouse droppings inside server alley cabinets. Corrected on site: cleaned can and cabinet.
– Dial thermometer on outside of True reach-in cooler reads 60+ degrees F, inspectors thermometer reads 39 degrees F. Corrected on site: installed thermometer inside reach-in cooler.
– Case of kids plastic cups and straws setting directly on floor in banquet hall area.
– Plastic pans stored as clean on rack were nested together with water between pans.
Imperial Garden, 2259 S. 9th St. – Suite 152 (May 23) Routine Inspection
– Cashews, almonds and peanuts stored inside Sterlite containers. Corrected on site: removed nuts and put in food grade containers.
– Faucet to 3 vat sink will not completely turn off.
– Pan of raw beef stored on shelf above fresh cabbage and peppers inside walk-in cooler. Corrected on site: moved raw beef to bottom shelf.
– No hand drying provisions available at back room prep area handwashing sink. Corrected on site: supplied with paper towels.
– Stainless pan of crab ragoon cream cheese filling inside walk-in cooler not date marked when made. Corrected on site: dated May 21 to May 27.
– Crab ragoons inside front reach-in cooler not date marked when made. Corrected on site: dated May 21 to May 27.
– Cooked chicken pieces setting next to fryer had temperature of 75 degrees F and cooked chicken pieces setting inside of fryer basket had temperature of 97 degrees F and were not marked with time removed from temperature. Corrected on site: marked on posted TPHC daily sheet.
-Wet wiping cloth setting on north back prep table top.
– Tub of rice ranges in temperature from 115 to 118 degrees F setting on south back prep table. Moved to walk-in cooler upon inspectors arrival. Per person in charge, rice cooked at 10:45 a.m. on day of inspection. Temperature taken at 1 p.m. on day of inspection. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction of all items.
– Plastic container of peppers stored inside of walk-in cooler is cracked and taped back together. Corrected on site: removed container from use.
– Metal strainer broken and wires were loose. Corrected on site: manager disposed of strainer.
– Notice of non-compliance issued. Follow up inspection scheduled for June 2.
Iron Skillet, 2125 N. 9th St. (May 23) Complaint Inspection
– Six packages of unopened reduced oxygen packaged fish inside north make table reach-in cooler since approximately 4 p.m. on May 21. Corrected on site: opened packages.
– Open container of cottage cheese not dated when opened inside north make table reach-in cooler. Corrected on site: dated May 21 to May 27.
– Slicer had accumulation of dried on food debris on back side of blade guard. Per person in charge, slice not used on day of inspection. Corrected on site: cleaned in place.
– Dirty knife stored on clean knife rack. Corrected on site: moved knife to warewashing and cleaned knife rack.
K-4 Garage, 715 Maple St. – Gypsum (May 24) First Operational Inspection After Licensing
– No Violations.
Pit Stop, 647 W. Cloud St. (May 24) Routine Inspection
– No soap available at kitchen handwashing sink. Corrected on site: supplied soap.
Prairieland Market, 308 S. 8th St. (May 23) Routine Inspection
– No Violations.