Food safety and lodging inspections are unannounced, and inspection results represent only those conditions found in the establishment at the time of the inspection.
Disclosure: Please remember that any inspection is a ‘snapshot’ of the day and time of the inspection. An inspection conducted on any given day may not be representative of the overall, long-term cleanliness of an establishment. Also, at the time of the inspection, violations are recorded, but are often corrected on site prior to the inspector leaving the establishment.
Casey’s General Store #2254, 500 N. Ohio St. (July 31) Routine Inspection
– One container of sliced turkey and one container of sliced roast beef stored inside walk-in cooler were not dated when opened. Person in charge did not know when they were opened. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction.
Panera Bread, 2385 S. 9th St. (July 30) First Operational Inspection After Licensing
– Dishwasher went from handling dirty dishware to putting clean dishware on clean dish rack without washing hands between dirty and clean. Corrected on site: educated dishwasher, hands washed and dishware washed.
PepperJax Grill, 3015 S. 9th St. (July 31) Routine Inspection
– Case of Methanol gel chaffing fuel stored on shelf above canned goods across from the three vat sink. No leakage observed. Corrected on site: moved chaffing fuel to bottom shelf.
Salina Ambassador Hotel & Conference Center, 1616 W. Crawford St. (July 30) Courtesy Inspection
– Self reported infestation in Room 208. No evidence of bed bugs found by inspector. As a precaution, person in charge is treating room.
– Rooms inspected: 207, 208 and 209. Previous rooms closed will remain closed until re-inspected.
Subway #678-5, 676 Westport Blvd. (July 31) Routine Inspection
– No violations.