Food safety and lodging inspections are unannounced, and inspection results represent only those conditions found in the establishment at the time of the inspection.
Disclosure: Please remember that any inspection is a ‘snapshot’ of the day and time of the inspection. An inspection conducted on any given day may not be representative of the overall, long-term cleanliness of an establishment. Also, at the time of the inspection, violations are recorded, but are often corrected on site prior to the inspector leaving the establishment.
AmericInn Hotel & Suites, 1820 W. Crawford St. (February 22) Routine Inspection
– Individual cream cheese packages on the self service breakfast bar had temperature of 68 degrees F. Per employee, was put out at approximately 6 a.m. on day of inspection. Temperature was taken at 8:15 a.m. Corrected on site: returned to reach-in cooler to quick chill. Recommended storing inside breakfast area reach-in cooler.
Autumn’s Itty Bitty Cake Company, 2259 S. 9th St. (February 21) First Operational Inspection After Licensing
– No violations.
Boomer’s Sports Bar & Grill, 116 S. Broadway Blvd. (February 20) First Operational Inspection After Licensing
– Raw shell eggs and raw meats stored on shelf above ready to eat cheese, hotdogs, ham slices and condiments. Corrected on site: moved raw foods to bottom shelf.
– Open carton of half and half inside bar case cooler was not dated when opened. Corrected on site: dated February 17 to February 23.
– Interior bottom ledge of reach-in cooler was covered in dried on food debris. Corrected on site: ceaned in place.
– No hand drying provisions available at bar area handwashing sink. Corrected on site: supplied with paper towels.
– Various chemicals were on counter top next to coffee maker, on top of ice machine and above food in dry storage room. Corrected on site: moved chemicals below sink.
Goodcents Deli Fresh Subs, 2344 Planet Ave. (February 20) Complaint Inspection
– Due to family emergency, there was a baby inside a crib in the back room. Corrected on site: educated and baby was taken out of the establishment.
La Curva Mexican Restaurant, 550 S. Ohio St. (February 20) First Operational Inspection After Licensing
– Open beverage was setting on top of prep table.
-Raw shell eggs were stored on shelf above chopped onions inside walk-in cooler. Corrected on site: moved raw shell eggs to a bottom shelf.
– Pan of raw hamburger was stored on shelf above ready to eat chili relanos inside True glass door reach-in cooler in cooking area. Corrected on site: moved raw hamburger to bottom shelf.
– Meat cleaver stored on knife rack on west wall had accumulation of dried on food debris on the blade of the cleaver. Corrected on site: moved to warewashing to be cleaned.
Mokas Coffee, 916 E. Crawford St. (February 20) Routine Inspection
– No violations.
Paramount Bar, 219 N. Santa Fe Ave. (February 20) Routine Inspection
– Open carton of half and half not dated when opened. Corrected on site: dated February 16 to February 22.
– Made on site cream and blue cheese spread dated as made on January 25. Made on site chicken tortilla soup dated as made on February 10. Made on site salsa dated as made on January 27. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction of all items.
– No hand drying provisions available at handwashing sink in kitchen. Corrected on site: supplied with paper towels.