Food safety and lodging inspections are unannounced, and inspection results represent only those conditions found in the establishment at the time of the inspection.
Disclosure: Please remember that any inspection is a ‘snapshot’ of the day and time of the inspection. An inspection conducted on any given day may not be representative of the overall, long-term cleanliness of an establishment. Also, at the time of the inspection, violations are recorded, but are often corrected on site prior to the inspector leaving the establishment.
4H Building & Agricultural Hall, 900 Greeley Ave. (August 8) Routine Inspection
– No violations.
– Inspection included Agricultural Hall, 4H Building and Tri-Rivers Stadium.
Best Western Midwest Inn & Suites, 745 W. Schilling Rd. (August 9) Complaint Inspection
– One spray bottle each of yellow, blue and green stored on housekeeping cart were not labeled with common name.
– Ice machine had an accumulation of mold on the dispensing area.
– Pool is greater than five feet deep and there was no transition point marked for depth over five feet.
– Rope on flotation device was not one and one half times the width of the pool.
– Chemical storage room was not vented directly to the exterior or vented to a room that is vented directly to the exterior.
– License not posted visible to guests.
– No carbon monoxide detector in lobby with fuel fired fireplace.
– No pet advisory posted.
– Rooms inspected: 123, 126, 202, 208 and 217.
– Pool closed and posted as closed on August 5, 2018.
– Hotel was at full occupancy night before inspection, rooms had not yet been serviced. Other than the night’s use, rooms appeared cleaned and kept up. No prophylactic wrappers observed.
Drury Place at Salina, 1000 Schippel Dr. (August 8) Routine Inspection
– No violations.
Iron Skillet, 2125 N. 9th St. (August 6) Routine Inspection
– Dish washer loaded dirty dishware into a rack then proceeded to put away clean dishware without washing her hands between dirty and clean dishware. Corrected on site: educated and hands washed.
– Four to-go cups of chili inside cook’s area upright reach-in cooler were not date marked when made. Unknown when made. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction.
– Cut lettuce salad with temperature of 50 degrees F, coleslaw with temperature of 46 degrees F, prepared on site ranch dressing with temperature of 47 degrees F, and cut cantaloupe with temperature of 44 degrees F. All items on top of plastic perforated mat placed on top of salad bar cold plate at approximately 11:30 a.m. on day of inspection, temperature taken at 2:30 p.m. Corrected on site: removed plastic mat so metal bowls would have contact with cold plate and moved above items to walk-in cooler to quick chill.
– Four packages turkey slices dated July 23 to July 29 inside of refrigerated drawer below grill. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction.
– Two plastic spatulas had frayed edges on the blades. Corrected on site: removed from use.
– One six inch non stick skillet had 95% of food contact surface missing. Corrected on site: removed from use.
– No hand drying provisions available at cook’s area handwashing sink. Corrected on site: supplied with paper towels.
– Spray bottle of orange colored liquid above dirty side of dish machine not labeled with common name. Per person in charge, bottle contained degreaser. Corrected on site: labeled.
– Spray bottle of blue liquid and spray bottle of clear liquid stored in cleaning supply area were not labeled with common names. Per person in charge, blue liquid is window cleaner and clear liquid is unknown. Corrected on site: labeled blue liquid and disposed of clear liquid.
– Wet wiping cloth setting on top of prep table. Corrected on site: moved to sanitizer bucket.
– The water will not completely turn off at the wait area handwashing sink.
– Notice of non-compliance issued. Follow up inspection scheduled for August 16, 2018.
Little Caesars, 645 E. Crawford St. (August 8) Routine Inspection
– Insect control device was above pan of sugar, east of the oven. Corrected on site: sugar moved.
– Wet wiping cloth stored inside of of detergent solution bucket. Corrected on site: moved to sanitizer.
Papa John’s Pizza, 1650 S. Ohio St. (August 6) Routine Inspection
– Pizza sauce setting at ambient temperature on pizza prep area was not marked with a time correlating to the 10 hour variance approval. Corrected on site: marked 10 a.m.
– No hand drying provisions available at handwashing sink in pizza prep area. Corrected on site: supplied with paper towels.
– Handwashing sink next to three vat sink has water turned off due to leak, per person in charge. When turned on, both hot and cold water are available. Two more working handwashing sinks are available. Person in charge has called for service.
Pump Mart, 1118 N. 9th St. (August 8) Routine Inspection
– Ice bagged on site was not labeled with business name.
– Four individual packages of Zantac 75 with expiration date of May 2018. 50 individual packages of two tablet Alka Seltzer with expiration date of July 17. Nine individual packages of Claritin with expiration date of December 2017. 39 individual two tablet packages of Benadryl with expiration date of May 2017. Corrected on site: removed from sale.
Spangles #15, 1720 W. Crawford St. (August 6) Modified Complaint Inspection
– No violations.
Walgreen’s #5539, 700 S. Broadway Blvd. (August 8) Routine Inspection
– Multi-surface wipes and glass cleaner wipes stored on shelf above boxes of foil and plastic food wrap at the end of aisle 5/4. No leakage detected. Corrected on site: moved wipes below the food wraps.
West Crawford 24/7 Store, 671 Westport Blvd. (August 6) Routine Inspection
– No violations.