Rain showers, areas of drizzle and perhaps an isolated thunderstorm will impact mainly eastern Kansas this evening and tonight. The strongest storms will be capable of brief heavy rain. Further west toward the Turnpike and I-135, mainly drizzle and some patchy fog is expected.
An approaching cold front will begin ushering cooler temperatures southward on Wednesday, especially across the northwest half of Kansas, where forecast high temperatures will only reach the 40’s.
- Tonight – Patchy drizzle, mainly after 11 p.m. Patchy fog after 4 a.m. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 46. South wind 6 to 15 mph becoming northeast after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph.
- Wednesday – Areas of drizzle before 1 p.m., then a slight chance of showers or drizzle after 1 p.m. Patchy fog before 10 a.m. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 47. North wind 8 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Wednesday Night – A slight chance of showers or drizzle before 7 p.m., then patchy drizzle between 7 p.m. and 1 a.m. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 26. North northwest wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday – Sunny, with a high near 53. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night – Mostly clear, with a low around 29. East northeast wind 5 to 9 mph becoming south southeast after midnight.
- Friday – Sunny, with a high near 60. Breezy.
- Friday Night – Mostly clear, with a low around 41. Breezy.
- Saturday – Sunny, with a high near 64. Breezy.
- Saturday Night – A 20 percent chance of showers after 1 a.m. Partly cloudy, with a low around 44. Breezy.
- Sunday – A 20 percent chance of showers before 7 a.m. Partly sunny, with a high near 63. Breezy.
- Sunday Night – A 40 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. Breezy.
- Monday – A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Monday Night – Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday – Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.