Periodic chances of showers and thunderstorms are expected to move into the area for Tuesday afternoon through Thursday morning. Strong to low end severe storms are possible Tuesday afternoon/evening and Wednesday across southern and southeast Kansas. Areas of heavy rainfall and localized flooding are likely with rainfall amounts ranging from 1 to 3 inches by Thursday morning.
- Tonight – Partly cloudy, with a low around 42. Northeast wind around 6 mph becoming east southeast after midnight.
- Tuesday – A 40 percent chance of showers after 1 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62. East wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Tuesday Night – Showers. Low around 49. East northeast wind 15 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Wednesday – Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 56. East northeast wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Wednesday Night – Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 1 a.m., then showers likely. Low around 43. North northeast wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Thursday – A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 52.
- Thursday Night – Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Friday – Mostly sunny, with a high near 58.
- Friday Night – Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41.