MCPHERSON – The fifth annual McPherson County Community Foundation Match Day is Wednesday, March 7, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., with the Foundation offering up to $40,000 in matching funds for contributions given to participating organizations. As in past years, stipulations have been set to help participants benefit from the overall experience:
- The match pool is divided proportionally to the total amount raised on March 7. For example, if a total of $100,000 is raised and an organization receives 10 percent of the total donations, the organization will receive $4,000 to be used for immediate organizational needs or to add to the organization’s endowment fund. A maximum of $8,000 will be given per organization.
- The minimum donation amount to be matched is $25. There is no limit on the amount of funding donors may contribute to an organization’s endowment fund.
- Cash, checks and credit cards will be accepted. Only gifts made on March 7 will count toward match day totals.
- Although is is preferred for donors to give in person, donations may be made online from 7 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. Visit www.mcphersonfoundation.org and follow the Match Day link on March 7 to give.
- An additional $200 in prize money is available for each organization that establishes a donation goal for the day and meets or exceeds that amount.
Organizations participating in Match Day 2018 include CASA; The Cedars; Circles of McPherson County; Community Thanksgiving/Christmas Dinner; Giving Hope Cancer Fund; Mt. Hope Sanctuary, Inc.; McPherson County Supports Scouting; Meals on Wheels of McPherson; McPherson High School Band; McPherson Arts Alliance; McPherson Community Theatre; McPherson County 4-H Development; McPherson County Council on Aging; McPherson County Food Bank; McPherson Education Foundation; McPherson Dog Park; McPherson Family YMCA; McPherson Hospital; McPherson Housing Coalition; McPherson Museum & Arts Foundation; McPherson Opera House Company; McPherson Public Library; McPherson Parks & Public Land; Omega House; United Way of McPherson County and Women and Children Combating Cancer.