Widespread heavy rain has led to flooding across many areas of central and southeast Kansas. Areas not currently experiencing flooding may soon, as additional rounds of heavy rain move through the region. Many rural county roads have flooded. In addition, creeks and rivers in the area are beginning to rise which will also impact nearby farmland, roads, and possibly some homes and businesses. Please closely monitor water levels in your area, even if flooding is less common where you live and/or work.
Never drive through flooded roads. You don’t know the depth of the water or the condition of the road. Flooding is weather’s number one killer.
- Tonight – A 40 percent chance of rain, mainly before 11 p.m. Cloudy, with a low around 43. West northwest wind 6 to 13 mph.
- Wednesday – Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 53. Northwest wind 14 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Wednesday Night – Patchy frost after 4 a.m. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 36. North northwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Thursday – Areas of frost before 8 a.m. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 55. North northwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night – A 50 percent chance of rain after 1 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. East northeast wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable.
- Friday – Rain, mainly before 1 p.m. High near 54. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Friday Night – Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41.
- Saturday – Rain likely, mainly after 1 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 56. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night – Rain. Low around 38. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday – Rain. High near 44. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Night – Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 60%.