Widespread heavy rain has led to flooding across many areas of central and southeast Kansas. Areas not currently experiencing flooding may soon, as additional rounds of heavy rain move through the region. Many rural county roads have flooded. In addition, creeks and rivers in the area are beginning to rise which will also impact nearby farmland, roads, and possibly some homes and businesses. Please closely monitor water levels in your area, even if flooding is less common where you live and/or work.
Additional rainfalls from 2-4 inches are likely for Central & South-Central Kansas from this morning thru early Wednesday morning. With embedded thunderstorms occurring, heavier rains are certainly possible with localized amounts around 5 inches possible. A Flood Watch remains in effect for all Central & South-Central Kansas until 7 AM Wednesday.
- Tonight – Showers and thunderstorms before 7 p.m., then showers and possibly a thunderstorm between 7 p.m. and 1 a.m., then rain and possibly a thunderstorm after 1 a.m. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Low around 58. South southeast wind 9 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Tuesday – Rain and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 61. West southwest wind 8 to 11 mph becoming north northwest in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Tuesday Night – A 40 percent chance of rain before 1 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Wednesday – Mostly sunny, with a high near 59. Northwest wind around 11 mph.
- Wednesday Night – Partly cloudy, with a low around 39.
- Thursday – Mostly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Thursday Night – Rain likely after 1 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Friday – A 40 percent chance of showers before 1 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 55.
- Friday Night – A 30 percent chance of showers after 1 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Saturday – Showers likely. Partly sunny, with a high near 59. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night – A 50 percent chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 41.
- Sunday – Mostly sunny, with a high near 58.