SALINA – “Shifting the Edge,” an exhibit by Betsy Knabe Roe, will be featured in The Gallery at Sams Hall of Fine Arts, Kansas Wesleyan University. The exhibit features an installation of fiber sculptures.
Roe uses different types of fiber materials, such as fabric and hand-made paper from a variety of plants. She utilizes many fiber techniques like felting, dyeing and casting to create sculptures, wearable art and installations.
Roe received her M.F.A. from the University of Missouri and has taught art in colleges throughout the Midwest. Inspiration for her art comes from her love of the natural world as well as ecological concerns.
“We need to be aware of our actions and work toward regaining ecological balance between all living beings-humans and non-humans to maintain our very existence,” Roe said.
- WHAT: Shifting the Edge
- WHO: Betsy Knabe Roe, artist
- WHERE: The Gallery, Sams Hall of Fine Arts, Kansas Wesleyan University, 100 E. Claflin.
- WHEN: February 19-March 29
- GALLERY HOURS: Monday–Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., weekends by appointment
- MORE INFORMATION: Contact Peggy Medina, Gallery Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 785-833-4383.
- SPECIAL EVENT: Reception-Friday, March 9, 5 to 7 p.m. The artist, Betsy Knabe Roe, will be present at the reception to discuss her work. Drinks and snacks will be provided.