Strong and gusty south winds, above normal temperatures and low humidity values will support very high grassland fire danger Friday and Saturday across much of the region, although it will likely be highest across western portions of central Kansas. Outdoor burning is strongly discouraged.
A strong storm system will approach the area late in the weekend. This will bring a chance for thunderstorms Sunday afternoon through early Sunday night. A few strong to marginally severe storms will be possible.
- Tonight – Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 27. North wind 11 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Thursday – Sunny, with a high near 54. North northwest wind 7 to 11 mph becoming northeast in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night – Mostly clear, with a low around 27. East northeast wind 5 to 8 mph becoming southeast after midnight.
- Friday – Sunny, with a high near 62. Breezy, with a south wind 8 to 13 mph increasing to 18 to 23 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph.
- Friday Night – Mostly clear, with a low around 40. South southeast wind 15 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Saturday – Sunny, with a high near 65. Breezy.
- Saturday Night – Partly cloudy, with a low around 46. Breezy.
- Sunday – A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 64. Breezy.
- Sunday Night – Showers and thunderstorms likely before midnight, then a chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday – Mostly sunny, with a high near 54. Breezy.
- Monday Night – Mostly clear, with a low around 29. Blustery.
- Tuesday – Mostly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Tuesday Night – Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday – Sunny, with a high near 50.