The Ashby 5K, set to take place this Saturday, June 3rd, will support Ashby House, a Salina nonprofit organization that offers emergency shelter, transitional housing, and substance use disorder treatment to families and individual women. The agency is now in it’s fourth year of its fundraising efforts, which will raise money to build a new shelter capable of housing more families, including those with limited mobility.
- DATE: Saturday, June 3rd.
- START TIME: 8 a.m.
- LOCATION: Salina Soccer Complex, 2100 E. Magnolia Road
The event will include a 5k run and 1K walk.
- Start within Salina Soccer Complex (on the sidewalk next to the picnic area)
- Travel along sidewalk
- Continue on grass outside of parking lot then travel up hill to the trail
- Continue on the trail towards Schilling Road
- Cross Schilling Road until reaching 5K turn around point
- 5 to 7 p.m. Friday, June 2nd – Early packet pick-up at Ashby House, 142 S. 7th
- 7 to 8 a.m. – Morning packet pick-up at Salina Soccer Complex
- 8 to 9 a.m. – 5K run/1K walk
- 9 to 9:30 a.m. – Awards
COST: Race participants will be charged $25 for early registration up to Friday, June 2nd. The charge for registering on the day of the race is $30.
To register or for more information, click here.