Much colder air will surge across Kansas on Sunday along with chances of light snow for central and east central Kansas. Very light accumulations of snow are possible along a line from Great Bend to Eureka, to Chanute.
A weather system will bring decent chances of winter precipitation to much of the area on Tuesday with some accumulations possible. The current forecast is for snow over central Kansas with a winter mix possible across southern Kansas.
- This Afternoon – Sunny, with a high near 59. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 13 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph.
- Tonight – Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. West wind 7 to 15 mph becoming north after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph.
- Sunday – A 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly before noon. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 24. North wind 9 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Sunday Night – Mostly clear, with a low around 14. North wind 5 to 8 mph becoming light and variable.
- Monday – Mostly sunny, with a high near 45. South wind 9 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Monday Night – A chance of snow showers and freezing rain between midnight and 1 a.m., then a chance of snow showers after 1 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Tuesday – Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 27. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tuesday Night – Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Wednesday – Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Wednesday Night – Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Thursday – Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Thursday Night – Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Friday – A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 20%.